Saturday, July 8, 2017

happy strings

The rainbow scrap challenge is blue for July and I have put my pineapple blossom quilt row together. It will be the second row from the bottom.


I have all the four patches finished for the first border on the center medallion for Mill Girls.


 For String Saturday, I have pulled this project out to see if I can make a little progress.  The yellows are a little darker than they look to me on the monitor.  Yellow is my happy color. I am using 1 1/2 in honey bun called Charlevoux by Moda. I thought it would make it easier to have the precut strips, but I don't like that they are all the same. I used the spider web papers and template from missourri star quilt company. The template works on charm squares. I bought a couple of bella solid charm packs for the kite at the center.

I have many of them trimmed and depapered. But I have many more I need to make.


I am linking to
 SewCan She

rsc17 super saturday

7 comments:

  1. Your making great progress on all your blocks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Pineapple blocks look great. The string blocks are fun, the yellow makes them bright and happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love the colors you're using for the spiderweb blocks! Very mellow and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pineapple blocks have such a nice range of blues.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cheerful strips go so well with the yellow. Good use for a charm pack. I really like the Bella stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  6. BLUE in each of your projects. Congrats! on your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those four-patches are wonderful! Beautiful fabrics.

    ReplyDelete