Friday, July 5, 2024

glitter finish

I started making glitter blocks in 2017. Two of my quilting buddies started theirs at the same time. They finished  a while ago. Glitter is a Jen Kingwell pattern from her Quilt Lovely book. 

I made it a part of my 5 quilts in early 2024 and had it ready to quilt in April. It has been on the list to quilt and now it is a finished UFo. I wanted to try something a bit more eclectic. I used different backgrounds and combinations than I usually gravitate to using. I used a template set that was fiddley and I finally found my groove for piecing. Everything was from scraps I had. 

70 x 77 = 16 yards



I am linking to:

7 comments:

  1. What a wonderful scrappy final finish, Maggie!!! Wow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! Very impressive. I would have been tempted to redraft the block in order to avoid all those Y seams. Fiddley is an understatement, but you make it look easy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! A very fun finish. I remember when you started this one, hard to believe it's been that long ago.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing quilt! I love all the scrappy goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glitter looks like a fidgety pattern. You did a great job with yours. It's a wonderful collection of scraps; so much fun to look at. Congrats on getting it finished. Enjoy! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks like a very fiddly block . your quilt turned out great tho!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Glitter quilt turned out fabulous, Maggie! I love it!

    ReplyDelete