Wednesday, July 31, 2024

5 quilt July 2024 report

 last report July 1, 2024

I try to work on these 5 quilts until they are done. Their turn in the UFO closet is over, and, they need to be finished one way or another. My top priority this year are the quilts in the to be quilted closet.

I had an easier time finishing this month because the luck of the draw were smaller quilts. It makes me look good. haha The closet looks noticeably emptier, but not so much I want to quit finishing older quilt ufos.

 I finished 4 ufos in July. 

In July,  I wanted to finish 2 quilts In the 'to be quilted closet' before I did any other UFOs. I did the two I planned for July. I finished....

1. dsp older - finished

52 x 52

2. every which way finishedThis was my one monthly goal for July

58 x 64

I worked on these older Ufos to finish them

1. Christmas snowflake finished


1. garlic knots -I fixed the rogue pieces after the center was assembled and I am adding the borders.


2. scrappy twirl new in March -I just can't seem to take this quilt seriously. Maybe I should put it back in the box. But, no, I will not be intimidated,  I am leaving it on my design wall and will wait patiently for inspiration.

3.. lozenges are the 2014 quiltville leader/ ender challenge- the top is finished, back ready, binding prepared and it will go to the to be quilted closet.


4. halloween stripe runner from the beginning looking for the pattern - found the pattern and will carry on.

5. kaliedescope - mary huey workshop -Half of the blocks were finished when I opened the box, I am making the rest that I need for the quilt.


6. glitter is finished

70 x 77

My PHD for July


Looking forward to August:

 quilts to be quilted from the closet -top priority 

1. neutral territory  from 2013


2. cathedral stars finished this year My one monthly goal for August


ufo projects for August:

1. cheddar jubilee -  needs borders

2. diamond strings also needs borders

3. halloween stripe table runner - from the beginning

4. kaliedescope - mary huey work on adding borders

5. scrappy twirl - make more and assembly of the top


next on the longarm

1. cheddar jubilee

2. diamond strings

3. split nine patch

4. dark string

5. box kite


I am linking:

wednesday wait loss


3 comments:

  1. Congrats on all the progress! You've really made the 5 quilt strategy work for you. Good luck with all your stitching plans for August.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've admired all of these as you've posted them and I love them displayed in this gallery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely list of projects as always, and so many finishes! Congratulations. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.
    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2024/07/31/wednesday-wait-loss-391

    ReplyDelete