Sunday, July 14, 2024

stash report July 14, 2024

This is fabric that is hand dyed and lovelier than the picture. The green one is a sage green. These were part of the yard sale I attended on my second visit.

6 yards


stash report July 14, 2024 

 fabric added this week: 6 yards

 fabric added year to date for 2024: 68 yards    

fabric used:  -   25 yards Christmas snowflake is finished and I donated 15 yards donated 

fabric used year to date for 2024: 387 yards 

344 yards used more than bought in 2024

I sewed 7 days last week. I am enjoying early morning sewing while it is still light outdoors. Maybe winter dark will be a problem.

I have a plan for my Cross stitch sampler finish. I decided to use a sticky foam board for the fabric. And I stained an old thrift store cutting board for the mounting. It is a close fit and I might not like it but I am moving forward.

use this

for this

I am linking to:

9 comments:

  1. Christmas Snowflakes turned out beautifully, that has always been one of my favorites. I remember when you started that one. Congrats on all the stitching time this week. And as always your stash numbers are absolutely awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Christmas quilt! I hope mounting the Spring cross stitch on the cutting board works out for you. Gail at the cozy quilter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These hand dyed fabrics look great. And I love Christmas snowflake! Great to have donated so many yards of donated fabrics ;) The cutting board sounds like a good idea for hanging your pretty embroidery. I can't wait to see how you will do it. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You sure are using up some yardage! I was gifted a bunch so it will take me a while to get back to zero. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What lovely hand dyed fabric; such a great thrifty find. Christmas Snowflakes is a stunner, Maggie. I just love it. The is a coolness about this quilt; and would be lovely to keep out all year. Aaah your Spring Stamp Sampler is beautiful . I can not thank you enough for stitching it. It will look amazing on the cutting board. I look forward to seeing it. Have a wonderful evening. Happy quilting. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow - brilliant idea to finish your lovely Spring cross-stitch! Not cliche at all; I can't WAIT to see it come together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it is a great idea to use that cutting board for your Spring stitchery!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your use of an old cutting board is great. Can't wait to see the final result.

    ReplyDelete