Friday, September 13, 2024

dark strings finish

Since this quilt was made before I was blogging, I don't have many notes or pictures of the beginning. I know I started it in 2014 and the pattern was in a book called string quilt revival. I added it to the 5 quilt project in July 2024. It was in a project box, but it was ready to be quilted - happy surprise.

I really like string quilts and I know it was pieced on my people powered treadle machine while I was watching tv. I bet the early treadlers couldn't say that. I have a wonderful treadle that sews almost as fast as a powered machine. I haven't used it this year or pieced strings and I am missing it. 

I liked the pattern because the picture used black and civil war fabrics. I didn't, and, I really like the bright contrast with black. And it is so nice to make use of the small bits.

66 x80 = 15 yards


finally a use for the animal print😃

I am linking to:

TGIFF

TGIFF different   

please consider signing up to host the weekly party here 

6 comments:

  1. Did you use a foundation fabric or thin paper in making the blocks? Just curious. It’s a great-looking quilt! Very inspiring…NancyO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous finish. Glad you pulled it out. So bright and interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on a beautiful finish! Brights with black is such a wonderful combination. Your jungle backing is fun too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It took time to mature and it was worth it! The dark background is great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's like going to the jewelry store and they set the necklace on black velvet block. Maggie, your diamonds sparkle just the same. Gorgeous! Congrats on finishing an oldie. (I have that jungle print too. I wonder where it is now.) Enjoy! ;^)

    ReplyDelete