Friday, August 9, 2024

baskets finish

This basket quilt has been waiting for the quilting since 2022. It was a buck a block monthly block of the month from a store in Indy in 2014 which was actually 3.00 a block. I liked this one so much I even bought the finishing kit. I hope to give this one to a friend, unless I decide it is too small. I love basket quilts. It is a block that has been around at least since the mid 1800s. They look so happy.

40 x 50 = 6 yards



I am linking to:

TGIFF

TGIFF different   

please consider signing up to host the weekly party here 


6 comments:

  1. Way to finish! Those are really sweet baskets. I didn't know the design went back to Civil War era. Thanks for sharing at TGIFF today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those baskets! I like that there are a variety of designs. The backing is so pretty!
    I thought I had your blog on Feedly, but it isn't, and I can't find a way to follow it, so I'll be sure to check your blog regularly! I thought about you when I pulled out the Kristals pattern that I purchased because I saw it on one of your posts. Your finish was gorgeous! I love that pattern, but just reading it through at first glance, I'm having problems figuring out which color goes to which block, since the pattern is in black and white. I am not the smartest when it comes to reading patterns! So I've made notes to check your posts about it.
    Hope you are having a great summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on another beautiful finish. I haven't done a buck a block since 2006. Do quilt shops even offer those anymore?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute finish!!! Yes, all quilters love basket quilts! Pretty colors and love that backing, Maggie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely baskets! So nice to finish a WIP from long ago. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.
    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2024/08/14/wednesday-wait-loss-393

    ReplyDelete