Friday, September 20, 2024

garlic knots finish

I blogged about garlic knots when I re- started it as part of my 5 quilt ufo project. I had made all the blocks in 2017 from the free pattern in quiltmaker magazine. Bonnie Hunter went on the create a stand alone pattern. Garlic knots  was a puzzle to make with the sashings extending into 2 rows. I am thrilled with how it finished.  I love all the scrappy combinations of the garlic knots and remember many of the fabrics I used. I made it with my scrap bags of 2 inch strips. and the border from 1 1/2 inch strips.


74 x 86 = 24 yards

2888 pieces



I am linking to:

TGIFF

TGIFF different   

please consider signing up to host the weekly party here 

6 comments:

  1. lovely quilt. how do you calculate the yardage used?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This quilt is beautiful! A very special quilt, happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on a very fun and scrappy finish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you *Puzzled * it out - it looks great! Congrats on a great finish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilt looks great with all the different fabrics/colors. Thanks for sharing and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on reducing your UFO stack and even better having this fabulous quilt to cozy up with.

    ReplyDelete