Friday, September 3, 2021

ode to joey quilt finish

I have an actual finish this week. My ode to Joey quilt is almost ready for the quilt show the first of October. I just need to make a label. I have worked on this quilt for almost three years. First, I made the words by color for the rainbow scrap challenge at so scrappy in 2019. And then, I have slowly been sewing it together. I began this as a way to heal a broken heart, and it has become very meaningful to me.


80x85 = about 20 yards of fabric

I used a wide flannel back and a scrappy binding. There was no pattern for the quilt, just a quote I wanted to remember. I used Lori holt's pieced letter book for the words. 


I am linking to:

TGIFF

TGIFF different     here  and here

boms away  sunday


13 comments:

  1. So beautiful!! What a wonderful tribute to Joey and to help you mend your broken heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful! And this Elder Holland quote is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great quilt! Watching you make your words month by month inspired me to get Lori Holt’s book! Now I’m all set should I come across the perfect quote! Or just a special little person’s name! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is beautiful, Maggie! So neat to design your own quilt for a special purpose.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A quilt is a lovely way to help heal that broken heart.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on a colorful (and meaningful) quilt finish, Maggie!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful remembrance, stitched with love. Hugs, Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely quilt with so much meaning attached.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! I bet it was very healing to make

    ReplyDelete