Friday, September 17, 2021

sea swept blocks together

I have all the sections together for sea swept. I am leaving it out on the couch so I can keep walking by and checking for a block turned wrong. I think I am going to do a piano key border. which is better than noticing after it is quilted.  Our guild is having a jelly roll race this Saturday and I will use my jelly roll for the borders. Maybe I will win the race LOL


I went to a rug hooking event this last Saturday, and I found some old quilts on tables that were very interesting, and my first purchase was a box of scraps for 2.00. haha
Someone online was working on a quilt similar to this - who was it?


Spiderwebs are always interesting I have 2 hiding somewhere unfinished. When someone asks you how many ufos you have - do you ever tell the truth?













10 comments:

  1. Sea Swept is stunning. I also really like taking a photo as I often can only see the mistakes I've sewn in a photograph. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always tell the truth when asked how many unfinished quilts I have. I always say, "I don't know!" because I don't know. Sea swept is a beautiful! Have fun tomorrow sewing your jelly roll!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sea Swept is going to be a gorgeous quilt, Maggie!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving your Sea Swept. The colours are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sea Swept is really pretty. I think I'm down to a dozen UFOs. Been stuck there for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! I bought a kit from a Top Ten Quilts by AP&Q several years ago that is this exact pattern, and I still need to make this! It was one of my favourite shops in Sarasota when we used to go down there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting antique quilts!
    Your sea swept is so lovely and a piano key will look great on it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your sea swept quilt! So beautiful!
    I never ever tell the truth to myself or anyone else about the UFO situation!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I mistakenly put my comment on your September post - lol! Anyway, happy 2023!

    ReplyDelete