Friday, June 7, 2024

scrappy mountain majesties finish

My paper work says I started this quilt in 2016 and that all the blocks were sewn. It was planned as a boy donation quilt. This is a free Bonnie Hunter pattern available at Quiltville called scrappy mountain majesties. I finished it in 2021 as part of the 5 quilts project, and it made it's way to the 'to be quilted' closet. I started quilting it the last of May, and, now, it is finished. 

65 x 72 = 14 yards

I used riley blake fabric that I bought while visiting my daughter in Utah. 


I used a soft royal blue flannel for the back and loopy circles quilting. This is my 17th finish for 2024.


I am linking to:

11 comments:

  1. Wow, I really like your vesion of this pattern. It would be a great quilt for a boy. Congrats on this finish and on the other 16 for the year. Your 5 quilts challenge is really working for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 17 finishes in 2024! That is awesome! Mountain Majestic is a beautiful quilt! I made one years ago for a grandson. Maybe it's time for a 2nd one soon. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great! I have used Bonnie's technique to make table runners, it's kinda fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful finish to add to the others. You are really on a roll.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great finish! I made this design for the first time this year....why did I wait so long?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful finish! I love the quilted swirls, and congratulations on the 17th 2024 finish!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely quilt! It's so much fun to finish a long term project!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What lovely fabrics! They really make this quilt sing. Very pretty. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.
    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2024/06/11/wednesday-wait-loss-384

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have made this too. I like your fabric choices.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great fabrics! Don’t know why I haven’t made this quilt yet; thanks for the reminder. Your quilt is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete