Saturday, June 1, 2024

starting with blue scraps

I started the blue month for the rainbow scrap challenge by pulling through my hsts drawer looking for blue ones to make the sugar grove blocks. I had a nice assortment and I was able to get the sets of 5 all finished. I will have to cut for sets of 4 and 3s.


I made the blue shoofly blocks for my baby 30s quilt.  And I discovered there was a pink one for last month that I didn't remember. But now all the blocks are done for the quilt and I can start putting the quilt together. The sashing is a multi color length of 4 patches. I have the strips sewn together and need to subcut and sew to size. 




I have a few more monkey wrench blocks made. I have 98 of them.

6 comments:

  1. The shoo-fly blocks are perfect for a baby quilt, happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Shoofly blocks are going to make such a sweet baby quilt. Lots of pretty blocks happening at your house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to the baby 30s quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty shoo-fly blocks. They are great for baby quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so impressed, 98 blocks!

    ReplyDelete