Monday, June 10, 2024

cathedral top finish

My current 5 quilt project has been  cathedral stars  an older ufo from 2016, a Bonnie hunter pattern. I just finished all the piecing and the borders. I like it much better than I thought I would. I have decided to add it to the to be quilted closet to wait for it's turn on the longarm. Right now, I am still quilting this month's quilting goals. I am enjoying the break from big quilts. My new piecing project is garlic knots.






We had a beautiful rainy day with just the right amount of sunshine to see a double rainbow.





I am linking:

10 comments:

  1. I really like your cathedral stars quilt. The dark inset triangles really make the fabrics in the center section pop. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cathedral Stars turned out beautifully! Such a pretty rainbow, you got some nice shots of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is just beautiful - the quilt and the rainbow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colors look amazing in your cathedral stars! The squares just pop and I like the variation. It went together so well! Hooray for another quilt top for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilt is amazing! The black borders are very effective with all your other rainbow colours. Did the piecing all go together smoothly?

    ReplyDelete
  6. A double rainbow! How lucky. Such a pretty rainy day. Love your Cathedral Stars top. Can't wait to see it quilted. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.
    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2024/06/11/wednesday-wait-loss-384

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cathedral Stars is a beautiful design! I love the rainbow of colors. Pretty rainbow in your neighborhood, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maggie - this is gorgeous! I love all the colors in this quilt and seeing thedouble rainbow just topped off my day! Thanks for sharing with us at Monday Musings!

    ReplyDelete