Friday, May 24, 2024

anvil finish

I began my shirt anvil quilt in 2020 after watching Beth Shibley's video on the anvil block. It was a top in 2023.  As part of my 5 quilt project,  I have been moving it along.  I really enjoyed sewing and working with recycled shirt fabrics from my stash. the shirts are soft and stable and cozy and hold their shape so well. 

Now, it is a finished quilt. This was my one monthly goal for May and my 3rd ufo finish for May.

It started as recreational sewing with no plans for a quilt. I would just sew a few when I needed to unwind. I enjoyed making them so much, that eventually, I had so many it had to become a quilt.



74 x 94 = 25 yards






I am linking to:

12 comments:

  1. I love your quilt! I do like the anvil block and an anvil quilt is on my list of someday quilts.These plaids and stripes are perfect for this pattern. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great anvil quilt! I love what plaids do to a pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - that is beautiful. All those plaids are great. Way to go finishing 3 UFOs in one month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this one - all that great plaid! the blocks are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet the blocks are really soft too since the fabric came from shirts. Beautifully finished. You've had a very good year on the UFO front.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another pattern for my shirt collection! I love seeing what others do with their shirts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This "anvil block" is new to me -- and perfect for all those HSTs I've got (made from Bonnie Hunter "bonus triangles" over several years). Your quilt is lovely! Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful use of old shirts, your quilt is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful quilt, congratulations! I bet it's soft, with all those lovely plaids.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a journey this quilt has made. Love the shirts you used in making this. Pretty quilt. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.
    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2024/05/29/wednesday-wait-loss-382

    ReplyDelete