Monday, May 27, 2024

sugar grove progress

Now that I have 5 months of colors, I can make blocks for sugar grove.  One of my rainbow scrap challenges is to cut all the hsts I will need for the Bonnie Hunter quilt called sugar grove. My goal for the challenge is just to cut the hsts by color each month for a whole year. I can't stand not making a few. At first, I tried webbing the whole block. I found I couldn't be careful enough with the matching points. Now, I sew horizontal rows and then, join the rows. I piece much better that way.



I am linking:

5 comments:

  1. Monthly sewing the HST's makes piecing the blocks easier, happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blocks look good. I like to do rows too when sewing blocks like these. It seems easier to control those seams.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a lot of HSTs, but what a fun way to use them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great way to stay organized! The blocks are turning out very pretty. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.
    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2024/05/29/wednesday-wait-loss-382

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blocks are looking great, Maggie! Thanks for sharing with us at Monday Musings!

    ReplyDelete