Sunday, May 5, 2024

stash report May 5, 2024

 Someone brought in their leftover bindings for the free table. I seemed to be the only one interested in sorting through them. They double folded a 2 inch strip of fabric. I use 2 inch strips for my binding and I like scrappy bindings. My first thought was to re-iron them and use the for binding. I pulled the black and cream and took them home. I experimented with the iron and decided they were not going to look good enough to suit me. So now, I have a lovely pile of strings for the garden.


 stash report May 5, 2024 

fabric added this week: 0 yards

 fabric added year to date for 2024: 17 yards 

fabric used:  -15 yards - lucky stars finished

62 x 78 = 15 yards

fabric used year to date for 2024: 222 yards 

206 yards used more than bought in 2024

I sewed 3 days last week. I had a guild open sew

I am working on a cross stitch sampler designed by Melissa at pinker n punkin - I think it can be found here   I have another block stitched for the sampler.

last week


this week

I did take a minute to dye some dark blue for my Christmas in new England rug. I didn't want to continue hooking until I had more variety. 


I am linking to:



15 min to stitch at life in pieces


8 comments:

  1. I made a lucky stars quilt years ago…the baby I gave it to is now in grade 11…. I hope you enjoy your sewing this week. Gail at the Cozy Quilter

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had a busy week on the stitching/rug hooking front. Lucky Stars is such fun. Hope this week is just as good on the productivity front.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Strips are great scraps for string blocks, and I'm sure you will find a way to use these bindings. Cute little embroidered birds, and I love the rich color of the dyed wool.
    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucky stars is very pretty. Congrats on the finish. I love the blue that you dyed for your rug. You are making a lot of pretty progress on your cross-stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the little birds in the birdbath! That's a cute one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh how exciting to receive all of those yummy scraps. Congratulations. I am so delighted to see your progress on the Spring Stamps Sampler. I can not thank you enough for stitching it. You brought a smile to my day. Your dyed wool is gorgeous. Have a blessed day. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on another finish!

    ReplyDelete