Friday, July 19, 2024

dsp 9 finish

 I was gifted a bag of 5 inch squares some time ago. The fabrics were older - 70s or 80s. I really liked them and spent some time moving them from place to place waiting for inspiration. I found a great tutorial on suzies scraps   I made nine patches from time to time when I would uncover them in a cleaning fit. When I was ready to have them finished as part of my 5 quilt project, I followed suzies other tutorial. It was an enjoyable process, easy to see and follow. And I used a vintage pink for the border and back. I think it will make a sweet donation quilt. I have a million scrappy charm squares in the bins. And I might even repeat this quilt again.

52 x 52 = 8 yards



and now it is off the to do list. 

I am linking to:

7 comments:

  1. Nice finish and doesn't it feel so good to cross off another project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When making your nine patch which way did you press the blocks and did it nest in the end?

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very fun scrappy quilt. Congrats on another finish. You've been moving along this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great finish, this pattern shows the pretty fabrics beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely way to use up those charms! Sweet little quilt. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.
    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2024/07/24/wednesday-wait-loss-390

    ReplyDelete