Monday, July 22, 2024

kaliedescope quilt

I have had a chance to open another older ufo project box and peek inside. I took it with me to Friday sewing. My notes are sparse, and I wasn't sure what I would find. If I want an 8x 8 layout I would need 64 blocks. There were about half of that, but, lots of partials and pieces cut. I took this class from Mary Huey as a workshop when spoke spoke to our quilt guild in 2016.The workshop was for making the block and not a quilt with them. That will be determined later. In the box is a collection of fabrics that I don't remember where they came from. I am guessing leftovers that someone gave me as scraps. This is now on the top 5 of my 5 quilt project.


I am linking:

6 comments:

  1. So colorful!!! I'm looking forward to seeing your progress on this, Maggie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This will be another pretty quilt. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It will be fun to see this come together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you don't remember its origin then you have a nearly-new start! Looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those blocks will make a lovely quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty blocks. Does it surprise you sometimes when you open a box that you haven't touched in awhile?

    ReplyDelete