Saturday, July 6, 2024

a start of aqua

Aqua is the monthly color for the rainbow scrap challenge. I didn't have that many in the drawer of 2 1/2 inch strips. But, I dug through them all, pulling out the smaller pieces and cutting for my projects.  

For my baby 30s quilt, I have all the blocks done and plan on working on the 4 patches for the sashing. I sewed them all in twosies ( print and background) and cut them all. I did the math and need to sew at least 32 each month to finish at the end of the year.


I dug through my orphan triangles and found enough for the sets of 5 I need each month for sugar grove. They are sewn and pressed. I will need to cut more in aqua for for the rest of the 180 I need each month.


I found 56 wof strips for a homemade jelly roll. The next pile were the good sized pieces that I will fill a new drawer for next time and the bottom pile are all the smaller sizes I will use to cut triangles for sugar grove and monkey wrench.


I cut for windmill, windmill, jos checkers, and stashbuster.

4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful selection of AQUA scraps for your RSC projects, Maggie! Happy sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cutting & sorting days are so satisfying because they are the prep we need to do the fun stuff: sew them together!! Can't wait to see what the cutting turns into during the rest of the month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great start to aqua! Have fun sewing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always interesting to see what turns up in the stash, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete