Wednesday, July 10, 2024

sewing nook

Besides having a place for my quilt tops for easy access, Having my binding sewing machine out of my dining room was my top priority. I am taking over my son's room and this was his desk. We have repainted the room and floor and added a large area rug so it is time to move in. Happy day




I have a wonderful piecing machine with some speed, a featherweight for portable sewing and my trusty old bernina that I use for binding since I can move the needle for the top stitching. It is a small space, so I am hoping putting a table to my left will help with bigger quilts. My next goal is to move my big ironing board into the room -oh and a design wall.

I am linking:

wednesday wait loss

4 comments:

  1. So nice to have your very own sewing space! Sounds like you're enjoying organizing and getting everything just the way you want it, Maggie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had this bedroom here when we moved in for my sewing and crafts. I need to take everything out and only put back in the things that I really need and want....won't ever happen though

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a small area for sure but you'll make it work I'm sure. Having a place for each of your machines is so worth it. And a design wall too! Heaven. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.
    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2024/07/10/wednesday-wait-loss-388

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on getting a dedicated sewing space. That does make picking up and moving along so much easier.

    ReplyDelete