Friday, August 2, 2024

scrappy sandwiches is finished

I was able to quilt an older UFO in July and I just finished the binding. I made the shirt blocks in 2020 with an overly large bag of shirt crumbs and strings. I do love strings and crumbs and recycled shirt fabrics. I haven't made anything this year with strings and crumbs in an attempt to finish ufos- I sure do miss it. I finished the  blocks in 2021 and I added borders that year . I believe it is a free pattern on quiltville called string x


61 x 74 = 14 yards



I am linking to:

TGIFF

TGIFF different   

please consider signing up to host the weekly party here 

6 comments:

  1. I like the white sashing you added to the edges of your strings. I've made several string X quilts but never thought to add the sashing, it really makes the strings pop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great quilt. Fabulous in shirt prints. I’m trying to get better at keeping track of yardage used. How do you calculate the yardage used in a scrap quilt like this one?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one tames a jungle of scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thats a cool one! I like how you calmed the strings with tan. its a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on a very cool scrappy finish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely scrappy quilt! Congratulations on another great finish. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.
    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2024/08/07/wednesday-wait-loss-392

    ReplyDelete