Monday, February 22, 2021

shirt sandwiches

I made shirt strings a while back aiming for a string x quilt for leftover pieces of shirts. This weekend I spent some time cutting fabric for the sides.


It is fun to think that there are no two alike. I didn't use a foundation. I just sewed strips into bigger pieces and trimmed to the size I wanted. I used 3 1/2 x 10 1/2.

I cut the strips 1 1/2 x 10 1/2. I am making a 7 x 9 setting.


This project is one step closer, but, not part of my goal list, yet.

I am linking:

needle and thread Thursdays 

4 comments:

  1. love the look of the random centers! can hardly wait to see the end result!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a really nice side project

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I like this idea...a crumby shirt String X! I've never made a String X and I have a lot of shirt scraps so...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how you're separating the pieced shirt scraps with white strips.

    ReplyDelete