Saturday, February 6, 2021

still in the pink

Even with an extra Saturday in January, I did not get all my pink projects finished for the rainbow scrap challenge at so scrappy. I am using my 2 1/2 inch squares to make 16 patch blocks for the Debbie Brown color blocks quilt along. I am making the blocks each month with the rainbow colors, and, then, deciding which blocks for which quilt at the end of the year. I wonder if a person can ever empty the 2 1/2 inch square bin.



I wanted to get started with full stop quilt that Angela is doing, but, I waited too long. Here is the pink hashtag block.







I did grab the yellow 2 inch strips to cut for some of my projects. And, I found a 2 gallon bag of yellow odd pieces of scraps that I will sort. 


My rainbow projects for 2021 with links:





15 comments:

  1. I don't think we'll entirely empty the 2.5 box or any box for that matter. As long as we keep making quilts, we'll keep making pieces for those boxes! I'll be content to just lower the level of strips or squares in my boxes. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are able to finish off your pinks, and it looks like you have plenty of yellow to play with this month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty pinks in all those blocks! And that bag of yellows sounds like the perfect treasure trove of scraps for February, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the prints you used in your hashtag blocks. They are so pretty! My 2.5" and 1.5" squares multiply more and more with every project I do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thas a whole lot of yellow srcaps to work with I was lucky to find just a few small pieces of yellow this month

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like some fun yellows to sort through.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you're right, one never runs out of 2.5" squares. I just joined Debbie Brown's quilt along, looks like a good use of scraps. Your projects look great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am also doing the colour blocks quilts with Debbie. It is a great scrap buster project each month. I don’t think I will ever run out of scraps or fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sometimes we just run out of month no matter how many extra weekends we get. You've made good use of your pink scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  10. There are a plenty of yellow beauty for playing. Have fun!
    Pretty pink blocks

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had to grin when I saw your thumbnail on a party with the hashtag quilt block - We are like quilting twins - I was working on a hashtag quilt all last week. It's a fun block to make!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Scrap bins seem to multiply just like 2.5" squares do! Love the pink hashtag blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks like you've got a nice selection of YELLOW scraps for your RSC projects, Maggie!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have never heard of an empty scrap box! So many pretty pinks and a gallon bag of yellow to play with. Lucky you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow you have a lot going on. Love them all! Thank you again for linking up to Put your foot down.

    ReplyDelete