Monday, February 15, 2021

swingin checkerboard quilt

 I have been collecting pink and green scraps for a quilted twins free pattern called swingin checkerboard. This is one of those patterns that you collect, sew forever in between other projects, sew sew sew, and love the whole process until it is finally a quilt. I am in no hurry. One thing I have noticed with Becky's patterns, is that they are relatively easy to have a successful result, and, look much more complicated than they were to make. 

strips

I have a box with 2,112 -2 inch squares sewn into sets of 4. I started in 2019 gathering scraps.


Preparing the  4 block units took less time than this year's quiltville mystery matchy matchy units.

I have 3 blocks together

I am linking:

needle and thread Thursdays 

4 comments:

  1. Looks like you are definitely making progress. Is it continuing as a leader/ender?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scrappy fun! That is a lot of squares to have put together already. Hope it continues to grow as fast as you like :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I **Love** their scrappy patterns at quiltedtwins! You're right about them easily looking good, whatever you're doing with them. I have a couple BH tops that I did with her mysteries, and I ended up changing each one a bit, because the end result would have been frenetic/clashy. With all the work you put into those, they need to look good, you know? I will probably not ever do one of those again as a mystery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a ton of scrappy squares. You inspire me to do something with them. I love scrappy quilts.

    ReplyDelete