Saturday, February 27, 2021

yellow stars

I have more sunshiny yellow blocks made for the rainbow scrap challenge at so scrappy. I have started crumb stars just this year. I sit for one evening sewing crumbs in the color of the month. However many I can cut from that, is how many I can make for the month.  I am cutting the centers at 4 1/2 inches and using 2 1/2   HSTS - ( half square triangles )





I made 10 yellow tiny houses, but, one has played the vanishing game. Maybe it found an empty lot somewhere warm.



I managed to get the Bonnie Hunter free pattern called Florabunda. quilt to a top just yesterday at Friday sew group.



10 comments:

  1. Your crumb stars are lovely! So glad you were able to make progress on Floribunda. Always nice to finish of mature projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovin’ your Crumby Stars! Any crumb block is a favorite of mine! I hope you find your missing house! My missing piece tried to jump in the little trash can by my machine! She missed the bucket...I eventually found her flipped over in the floor! Phew!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those crumb stars and the tiny houses, too! Looking forward to seeing how your Floribunda turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a ton of fun with your YELLOW scraps this month, Maggie!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,
    Beautiful stars...really like your little
    houses. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the crumb stars. I'll look for that missing house while out on a walk tonight. It might have moved south for the 80 degree weather.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely crumb stars, Maggie and those tiny houses are so cute. Looking forward to seeing your Florabunda quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I made a Florabunda a long time ago. I think that is when I first acquired some different yellow fabrics. Congrats to you for moving yours forward.

    And Crumb Stars is one of my fav ways to use crumbs. They always look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The houses and crumb stars look great. Both are fun RSC projects. Congrats on all the progress on Florabunda. You've had a good week on the stitching front, finished quilts, finished tops and finished blocks.

    ReplyDelete