Wednesday, February 17, 2021

scraps and strings

It starts innocently enough. I am digging through the string bucket for yellow for crumb stars, that I am making for the rainbow scrap challenge at so scrappy. I let the thought pass through my head that it is a big mess, and, then, I find a few half done wonky courthouse blocks. And poof, I am playing in the strings. My table is a scrappy mess, and my treadle is whirring. Such fun. And I believe if I just sew all these together, it will be clean.



On another front, I find a box of scraps that need to be cut. And, I started cutting 2 1/2 inch strips and chunks and, poof, I have a basket of strips and squares that I need to put away, and the scrap bin isn't any more organized. There was 1 pound and 8 ounces of strips = 4 1/2 yards of fabric.  4 1/2 yards x 10.00 = 45.00 so I keep going.

2 1/2 inch strips




6 comments:

  1. I've had that happen to me. Open up a scrap bag for RSC and soon the whole room is a mess!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so tempting to start chasing those squirrels. I've been trying to get a handle on my scrap drawers and bags. I've made progress, but boy the pull of doing something new with all these newly cut strips is really hard to resist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to laugh, this is exactly what happens to me. I love seeing a peek at your treadle in the background. Is it a Singer 15? I have one and love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another day of chasing squirrels, Maggie? What ever works to USE those scraps! :o))

    ReplyDelete
  5. And the other thing? When you sew all the scraps, the buckets and bins never go down in volume! I love the fun aspect of just playing too. Thank you for linking up with DrEAMi!

    ReplyDelete