Friday, February 19, 2021

snow and stars

 Like everyone else in middle America, we have snow. Our county received 9 inches overnight. It was beautiful and fluffy everywhere. And the prediction is for more over the weekend.

view from the backdoor

toward the garage



hubby making it safe

What a great opportunity to sew uninterrupted. I feel for those without power. Although, I have a people powered treadle machine, light to see by, requires electricity. And, our water is a well and pump that also needs electricity. We have had power. So, I have the border on Boxy stars. This is an older UFO from 2016. And, I hope to have it finished this month.  I have a customer quilt on the longarm, and, then, I will squeeze it in for quilting. The month is fast slipping away from me.

Bonnie Hunter free pattern quilt called boxy stars.

I'm linking to:

20 comments:

  1. Your palette for Boxy Stars is so pretty--and perfectly timed to coordinate with the Pantone color of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. NINE inches overnight? I'll bet if I added up how much snow has fallen on Charlotte, NC in the twenty years I've lived here, it would not add up to 9". It's so beautiful -- and so is your Boxy Stars quilt. You know, as I'm looking at your quilt top, it kind of reminds me of afternoon sunshine cutting through a cold and gray winter sky, sparkling and shimmering across a snowy landscape.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The snow is pretty - at first, anyway! Don't you love the snowblower? We sure appreciate ours. The border you picked for boxy stars is perfect for the fabrics in the blocks! It's going to be a pretty finish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boxy Stars is lovely, I'm looking forward to seeing how you quilt it. Plenty of snow up north here too. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great quilt top finish! Be safe in all that snow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty YELLOW quilt of the UFO variety, Maggie. Hoping you'll manage a finish by month's end!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I’m glad to see Boxy Stars coming along! It sure is pretty! I keep telling DH we need a snow blower!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a good idea, to use a controlled color palette with the Boxy Stars pattern! Good luck getting through the snow. Ours might start melting next week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty, reminds my of butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for linking up with TGIFF! Looks like our area snow!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great to see Boxy stars done. I am from the north of snow 6 months of the year, sorry you got so much at one time. 9" is lots.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your Boxy Stars top is gorgeous!

    Michelle
    https://mybijoulifeonline.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. You picked a great border fabric, it's a gorgeous quilt. You've been moving along with finishes this year.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great amount of snow!! Boxy stars is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Snow here, power (light, heat, water) here. We are grateful -- and we're more grateful that the 40-degree temps this week will bring some melting! The border fabric is perfect for the boxy stars. Did you shop for that purposely or was it a stash coincidence?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your Boxy Stars. That Bonnie is so generous with FREE patterns. Hope by now you've got it on the quilting machine or at least getting closer!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is beautiful. Love your fabric choices!!!

    ReplyDelete