Friday, February 26, 2021

boxy star finish

 I am happy to report I have the quilt  done for boxy stars in yellow and black. I started this in 2016 to use a jelly roll.  I have worked on it as part of the rainbow scrap challenge this year. February's color is yellow. This is an older UFO that would not make it into the top 10 quilts I want to finish, but, still needs some attention. It is good to clean out some of these types of UFOs. I started the month with the blocks already made, and I needed to assemble the top and quilt it.


67 x80






12 yards of fabric

I used a skeleton fabric for the back since I had a large enough piece and it was black. It will be a fun surprise every time I see it.

I barely made it a finish by the end of the month. This will be part of my one monthly goal and phd 21

Bonnie Hunter free pattern quilt called boxy stars. 

I'm linking to:

22 comments:

  1. Awesome finish! You will get a giggle every time you see the backing fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome finish! You will get a giggle every time you see the backing fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent choice of fabrics for the sashing and border. Really pulled the quilt together. Those happy skeletons brought a smile to my face.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for finishes! The skeleton backing is so cute! Crossing a project off the to do list always feels so good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely, a beautiful accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful finish, Maggie. So much variety of color in this one and the border fabric is yummy for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great quilt. Love the colour combination and your choice of black fabric with skeletons for the backing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I’m so glad you got this one to the finish line! It’s lovely and the unexpected backing?.......perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a pretty quilt, and love the backing fabric! Congratulations on your finish!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on your UFO finish in YELLOW for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi,
    Beautiful quilt! Love the backing fabric.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great finish! I enjoyed making the boxy stars pattern, your colors really make it shine!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great finish and love the surprise backing. That was a fun block to make.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the colors you chose for this quilt. Congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on a beautiful finish! The yellow and black are such a nice combination and your border fabric pulls both in nicely. I love that backing fabric, too fun!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome finish and I love the backing! Thanks for linking up with the Favorite Finishes Monthly linkup party.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a beautiful quilt! It looks like you've made that pattern before in patriotic colors, too. I like it! It's not such an obvious jelly roll pattern. Fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your choice of colors are terrific and the skeleton backing fabric made me smile! What fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This looks lovely! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish!

    ReplyDelete
  20. And it turned out so great - I love the backing you gave it

    ReplyDelete