Friday, February 12, 2021

color blocks

It was time to sort through my 2 1/2 inch strip drawer. The color of the month for the rainbow scrap challenge at so scrappy is yellow. I wanted to make 16 patches in yellow 16 patch blocks for the Debby Brown color blocks quilt along, but, I only had 5- 2 1/2 inch squares to be found. I pulled out the shortest strips and cut squares. I really didn't count.


I had fun sewing them together. I had several repeats, but, they will be in various places in a quilt.


I found this free quilt along with Debby Brown  from other bloggers. There is a new quilt pattern every month, but, right now, I am just making blocks and will decide later. 





8 comments:

  1. Good for you for tackling a drawer of scraps! I look forward to seeing how you follow along with Debby. Her QAL was news to me, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely blocks resulting from your plunge into the 2.5" strip drawer, Maggie! (I should really be doing that, too.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yellow is perfect!! I am doing the same class!! its really fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When working with scraps, some colors offer more variety than others. The key is using what you have though, and nobody will be counting repeats in the finished quilt. They will just enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There’s nothing more delightful than a bright and basic patchwork block! Super!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of pretty yellow fabrics in your blocks. Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been checking out that class as well. Your yellow blocks include lots of fun fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those look like they multiplied quickly. :)

    ReplyDelete