Monday, February 1, 2021

retreat and one monthly goal

Our guild had another open sew Saturday. I took what I had done on bonnie Hunter quilt zuckerwatte from her book string fling, and, decided to see how far I could get. With just 20 minutes to spare, I had the center top finished. It was a great boost. I had started at the beginning of January with only string blocks made. I cut a gazillion  HSTS - ( half square triangles ) ... sewn a bunch together, and made  rows. and blocks. 

    

Now that we have a new month, it is time to refocus on another set of goals. My one monthly goal at elm street quilts is to quilt my Frolic mystery quilt. 2020

the color for February is yellow at the rainbow scrap challenge at so scrappy. So I will focus on finishing an older UFO from 2016 called boxy stars. My black and yellow version is a free pattern quilt called boxy stars from Bonnie Hunter. 


I want to finish baby snoopy as well.

I am linking:

one monthly goal








9 comments:

  1. Wow! Such a pretty collection of colors in your top! And I love your Frolic, mine is in the hands of a Great-niece who LOVES teal. LOL Good luck on your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sewing with friends always helps me to move projects along! Congrats on making progress on your Bonnie quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooo!!!! Wow, your zuckerwatte came out amazing! And Frolic looks so cheery to get to work on for the month's goal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All those triangles - they were well worth the effort for such a beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice progress at the retreat, Maggie! Best of luck with your goals for February.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great progress. Nothing like powering through a goal!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice job getting the Zuckerwatte quilt top finished, it's lovely - great color choices.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh, I really like you Zukerwatt! Those pinks really sparkle. Good luck with your plans for Frolic this month.

    ReplyDelete