Sunday, January 31, 2021

Stash report January 31, 2021

Flannel was a great price, and, I noticed that I don't have very many pieces big enough for the backs of bright quilts that have been started. I am slowly adding a few pieces when I see a great sale. I bought these at Joann fabrics.

11 yards flannel

Stash report  January 31, 2021

Fabric Used this week:  3.5 yards - table topper

Fabric Used year to Date: 34.5 yards

Fabric Added this week: 11 yards  
Fabric Added Year to Date: 33 yards

net fabric: 1.5 yards used more than bought - the gap is a little smaller than I would like.

I stitched at least 15 minutes every day this week - I used sewing time as a reward for cooking real food and real cleaning.
I finished the pants of Mr. Scarecrow rug except for a little bit at the bottom. I need to scrounge enough wool to match it. I have his stick done, also



I think I will start on the corn stalks next.

I have a small pile of scraps to giveaway, if anyone could use them. I am trying to keep it to a # 10 envelope. I will be happy to send them to you. Most of them are 2 1/2 inches wide, but not full length.


I am linking to:






15 min to stitch at life in pieces

 

10 comments:

  1. That flannel will go with everything. Very fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you can find enough matching blue. But I guess since scare crows often had patched pants, you could go with something else? Happy stitching this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful flannel fabrics, perfect for bright projects! Congratulations on sewing every day.
    Thank you for linking up today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. flannel is always good to have on hand. You are making progress on your rug.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Weird questions, did you measure your entire stash? I have seen a few bloggers doing in and out numbers! Measuring a whole stash ! Wowzer! ( I know there are shortcuts to do it) The total would be scary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Scarecrow is progressing and what colourful and happy backing fabrics you found. Love them both.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The flannel is a need for backings, and you're making the quilts that will use them, so it will go out again. Hardly even worth counting. LOL Congratulations on all your sewing time. I just got rid of most of my pink scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm always looking to supplement my scraps, so I'm interested if they are still available. Thanks! erin (dot) mypatchworklife (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are great bright fabrics!!! Please choose someone else for the scraps - they are pretty... but I am full up haha!

    ReplyDelete