Tuesday, January 12, 2021

to do: make a little progress

While I am working on my focus projects, I do a little piecing as leader/enders. It helps break the monotony of millions of hsts, and adding loooong rows to tops I am trying to finish. I am bouncing between rainbow scrap challenge quilts, grassy creek mystery quilt, and country roads top. country roads isn't moving along as quickly as I had hoped. The mystery quilt takes time. I really like the piecing, so, I don't mind.



It has been a cold dreary week here, and we haven't been out and about. We need to get moving. We live in a spot in Indiana that is more dreary than other parts. I think it is the car manufacturing that keeps a cloud cover over our little area. If we drive 40 miles in any direction, the clouds disappear.

I am linking to:

9 comments:

  1. I always enjoy seeing all the work you're making with your blocks. I also live in Indiana. We're clear north in Elkhart Co, just a few miles south of the Michigan line. We're almost always overcast in late fall through the winter. Maybe it's all the RV manufacturing going on in our county? Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leader-enders are wonderful creatures, aren't they? I do enjoy that little breeze of freshness when I get to grab one of my Feathered Goose units to run through the machine at the end of a round in my priority sewing! My brain is blanking on the name of the blocks in the bottom photo. I sure do like them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like piecing blocks that way, too - especially in between long rows of quilt construction. It does break up the monotony! Pretty collection of blocks you're showing today. Wishing you some sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty blocks, and I especially love those bottom ones!
    Do you happen to live in Brown County? We visited Indiana back in the early 2000s, and that is where I'd love to live.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty blocks, have fun sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Maggie! I just saw that top block (with the two 4-patch corners) that another blogger made as their RSC challenge block for last year. Is that what you're using it for? All of your progress has to be keeping everything advancing along nicely. Thanks for linking up today. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, the grassy creek mysery does take up time. I'm finishing up the center then putting it aside to work on a couple other projects. I see the 4-patch block. Is that from the Stash Buster challenge? I made a blue and yellow quilt for that and love it. I also made a quilt with the Crown of Thorn blocks that I see. I really enjoyed that block.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I tend to jump between projects too! Right now I am finished a bunch of small quilt tops for my sisters special people , a top for the first grandchild's toddler bed, a string star and the many strips APQ sew along!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've been productive on many fronts. I think you really have to enjoy piecing to enjoy Bonnie's mystery because you certainly do a lot of it!

    ReplyDelete