Saturday, January 2, 2021

1st rsc 2021 and a finish

Happy New Year! 

I hesitate to say it, since I said it last year, and look what happened.

Pink is the first color of the year for the rainbow scrap challenge. I hope to follow a plan for working on this challenge this year.

1. grab color wire basket and sort

 I keep my fabric chunks in wire baskets by color. Some baskets are in tidy shape, others, not so much. Pink is very tidy and full.

2. decide ufo by color -prioritize as #1

pink -2 love pillowcases, 2 baby flannel quilts, zuckerwaite ( any progress is progress)

3. make ongoing rsc blocks

tiny houses

postage stamp psp20

ice cream

waffle stamp blocks

4. cut/use 2 1/2 in strips in color

    wonky stars with crumb centers ?     purple churndash ?     nearly lemoyne hunter ?     coins ?

    rectangles ?

5. Make or finish a table topper for the challenge with Joy of Joyful quilting

6. participate with the full stop quilt that Angela is doing

My first ufo in pink are two pillowcases I bought in Utah one year while visiting my daughter.


fabrics in kit 1


fabrics in kit 2

I have a project box collecting all the crafty and not quilty projects that never seem to get done. This is one of them. It is a small project, compared to a quilt, so, I hope to make more than one ufo project in January

And, hooray, my first finish for 2021. It is a real relief to have this off the ufo/ to do list.




My rainbow projects for 2021 with links:

tiny houses

postage stamp psp20

ice cream

waffle stamp blocks

2021 tabletopper challenge

full stop

I am linking to:

rsc20 super saturday
oh scrap
UFO busting




9 comments:

  1. Your pillowcases are adorable - perfect timing with February coming up! Good luck on finishing more UFOs this year, too. I have a bunch of those myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love making pillowcases, they sew up so fast. I'm looking forward to seeing your RSC projects this yer. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo Hoo on the first finish of the year! Love pillowcases and those fabrics are so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you have a good plan for the RSC. I don't participate myself, but I love rainbows and enjoy seeing the projects other bloggers create.
    Cute pillowcases! I don't think I have heard of Gracie Lou's. I wonder if it is still there? The way quilt shops come and go lately, you never know. I have a son in Vineyard. Where is your daughter?

    ReplyDelete
  5. A finish already! Congratulations. Looks like the pink bin had a lot to offer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your finish, Maggie! I'm looking forward to seeing what you will make for January's TABLE SCRAPS Challenge. Have fun with all things PINK this month!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are certainly organized and looking good for a fantastic 2021 RSC year! Adorable pillow cases ... made me hungry just looking at them! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm more and more making other projects besides quilts.....but why can't I stop starting new quilts with so many already to finish?

    ReplyDelete