Friday, January 29, 2021

challenge and a finish

I decided to participate in 2021 table scraps trt challenge.  I have a few table runner/ toppers that I have bought over the years, that I would like to make, but, they aren't part of any goal setting that I have been doing. It isn't part of any finishing goals ( they aren't started) or before I die goals ( I have time). They are just hanging around saying pick me, pick me. The challenge will give me a chance to think about, and, hopefully, finish a few projects.

This month, I picked an easy project that was already finished to the top stage. I just needed to quilt it and bind it.  I am not sure why this one was sidelined a few years ago. Probably, some great sew a long or mystery quilt. or, because, I thought the background was a bit too busy. In any event, I will still smile every time I see it finished.


I do have a finish. I have a table topper that has been in ufo status a long time all finished, and, ready to top a table. But, I didn't get the intended table cleaned for a picture. I don't usually decorate for seasons, but, I am thrilled that it is a Spring topper that will last a few months.

27 x 33- 3 yards of fabric


I'm linking to:

rsc20 super saturday
oh scrap
UFO busting

2021 table scraps trt challenge

15 comments:

  1. It is pretty! Finishes always feel good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw the challenge on Joyful's blog and noticed your name on the list. It can be helpful to take on a challenge that helps us make things we want to make anyway, but never seem to get to. That is what the monthly mini challenge does for me.
    I can see how this topper makes you smile. It is a very happy piece! Congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It’s great! Who wouldn’t love spring time colors and butterflies?

    ReplyDelete
  4. SEW happy that the TABLE SCRAPS Challenge helped you move along a neglected project, Maggie! I look forward to seeing what other table covering have been hiding in your sewing room. :o))

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is really pretty, Maggie! I love the butterfly background and the fun different blocks in the runner. Perfect finish for pink in January!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The 3-D yo-yo flowers are adorable. The background is a little busy, but it makes it super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty, I really like the yo yo flowers in the upper right. Congrats on the finish and on getting one of the older projects off your UFO list.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad that you were able to finish it off. Nice to add to your finished list for 2021

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty in pink! The perfect topper for Spring.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a great finish! Such a fun little quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, yes! That just sings of Spring! Wish I was singing the same tune right now. More snow predicted for today and tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A beautiful spring table runner - congrats on the finished UFO! Thanks for linking up to TGIFF!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sweet little butterflies everywhere. Definitely says "Spring" to me! Great job!

    ReplyDelete