Monday, January 25, 2021

retreat progress

 I went to a two day "sleep in your own bed" retreat this weekend. It has been awhile that I have had a chance to just keep after a chosen project. I had this snoopy quilt that just needed a few blocks and assembly. I think this will be a great quilt for a new Grandson coming in May. I need to find a back and give it a good press. 

snoopy wiggle time

I have been chasing this quilt for a year now. Country roads was part of rainbow scrap challenge at so scrappy. And, now, the center is done. I think I want to add a thinner yellow border before I call it ready to quilt. It is about 87 x 87


country roads


The best part of the retreat is sewing with quilty friends again. It is great to spread out, and, have room to lay quilt pieces out and make decisions. That is something I have a hard time doing at home. At home, I can use distractions to keep from making the next step decision. 

I am linking:

8 comments:

  1. Love both quilts. How nice to be able to quilt with friends again--looking forward to that happening again some day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just love that country roads quilt . I just did a zoom sewing day with guild friends . It was really great to sew with friends. I really miss that part of quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Country roads is really pretty, I like the yellow set in triangles. The baby quilt is cute, perfect for a new grandson, happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on getting those two fun quilt tops together, Maggie!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Country Roads turned out So. Pretty.!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both quilts look great. Congrats on all the progress!

    ReplyDelete