Saturday, January 30, 2021

pink bags

Pink is the color of the month  at the rainbow scrap challenge at so scrappy.

I have been keeping pink and red scraps together, thinking, I didn't have enough pink to warrant their own bag or drawer. I was wrong. I spent some time in January sorting them and deciding what I have. These are the 2 inch and 1 1/2 inch bags.

2 inch strips

1 1/2 in strips

The top left were pieces for the tiny houses. Top right were pieces for the waffle stamp blocks. And, bottom left were extra pieces of 1 1/2 inch squares for easy breezy blocks.


I went through the 2 1 /2 inch strips here. I was able to pull WOF strips out and make my own jelly rolls. I had enough for 4 of them and 10 extra pieces. 4 jelly rolls would equal 120.00 worth of fabric.


My rainbow projects for 2021 with links:

12 comments:

  1. Incredible, Maggie. FOUR jelly rolls?!?! Plus, those other usable bits. So much for not having a lot of PINK scraps!!! :o))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Creating your own jelly rolls - what a neat idea! I could stand to do lots more scrap sorting like you are. Thanks for the inspiration, Maggie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn’t it amazing when you do the math! Hundreds of dollars of fabric in our stash drawers! Love the idea of making jelly rolls! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so impressed with your jelly rolls! I've been keeping red and pink together also. I had quite a mess on my sewing table when I got done. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, I don't buy precuts. Seems like a lot of money just to have someone cut fabric for me and roll it up to look pretty. Good for you for sorting and making your own. Now...what will you do with them???

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea to roll your strips into colour coordinated jelly rolls!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of great projects. Your tiny house quilt is sooooo cute, great finish. I hope to have a similar one to share at the end of this year's RSC.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Scrap sorting is something I should do more of. Looks like you've got a great start on having what you need for your next project.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I sort my pink separately now too. Those scraps really add up quickly. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! That's a lot of beautiful pink strips! Good job cleaning up at the end of the month. I should be so organized! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow - I'm impressed with the pull on pink from your stash. All set and organized for the next quilt.

    ReplyDelete