Saturday, January 9, 2021

pink revisited

I have two postage stamp blocks - psp20 - my goal is 5 new every month this year. It's hard to tell, but these are 2 different pinks. I bought a honey bun especially for making these blocks, but, it has disappeared. So, I will be scrounging through my limited stash of solids. No problem. Maybe, if I pretend I am not interested in finding it, it will show up again. LOL


tiny houses


I made the tiny houses from 2 inch strip bin. I look for the shortest strip and cut it 2 1/2 inches and 3 1/2 inches, hopefully, until I use it all.


As I am making postage stamp blocks, I am playing around with these cute little waffle stamps blocks. They are trimmed to 5 1/2 and take 10 - 1 1 /2 inch squares. I found them to be very fun and addictive.

I cut 10 sets of pink for the waffle stamp blocks and started sewing them. I decided I would use small 1 1/2 inch pieces to strip piece sets of 5 for the centers of the block and clean out the drawer. I am glad I cut pink. After I added these to the box, I realized I hadn't cut any pink in my marathon cutting session. And pink will be so pretty in a scrappy quilt.





1. grab color wire basket and sort - DONE

 I keep my fabric chunks in wire baskets by color. Some baskets are in tidy shape, others, not so much. Pink is very tidy and full.

2. decide ufo by color -prioritize as #1 - pillowcases are DONE and I have the flannel baby quilts ready to sew

pink -2 love pillowcases, 2 baby flannel quilts, zuckerwaite ( any progress is progress)

3. make ongoing rsc blocks - DONE  I could use a couple more psp20 blocks

4. cut/use 2 1/2 in strips in color

    wonky stars with crumb centers ?     purple churndash ?     nearly lemoyne hunter ?     coins ?

    rectangles ?

5. Make or finish a table topper for the challenge with Joy of Joyful quilting

6. participate with the full stop quilt that Angela is doing - it is cut but note sewn


My rainbow projects for 2021 with links:

tiny houses

postage stamp psp20

ice cream

waffle stamp blocks

love pillowcases

I am linking to:

rsc20 super saturday
oh scrap
UFO busting





12 comments:

  1. You have some very nice RSC projects in progress. That honeybun will show up in February when we need to use a different color fabric. That's house it works at my house anyway. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neat postage stamp blocks..love them with the alternating solids nice work Hugs from under my stash pinks Julierose ;)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're getting a lot accomplished already this year! I need to lose interest in one of my WIPs so that it shows up too. LOL. Someday I'll find it in its little bag... Just keep quilting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great use of your PINK scraps, Maggie! Looking forward to what you will do for your TABLE SCRAPS Challenge. Gotta go sew!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are making some fun blocks, Maggie! I'm getting interested in trying the waffle blocks. I've seen them on several blogs, but hadn't thought about how they could be made with strip sets like you're showing there. I have plenty of strips I could be sewing together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My goodness, you always have such a lot going on! I particularly love the cute little house blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So, if I stop looking for my missing clues they might show up? I'll give it a try. Love the waffle blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the little pink houses, Maggie, so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I look forward to seeing what you do with scraps every week. These blocks will make wonderful scrap quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such pretty pink projects!!! I've loved watching the waffle blocks get created. Never realized they were so tiny though!

    ReplyDelete