Saturday, August 10, 2024

orange windmills

I made windmills in orange this week as part of my rainbow scrap challenge projects. I love how easy these are to make. Maybe this can be my go to donation quilt block. I am using 2 1/2 inch strips this year and all it takes is an 18 inch strip cut into 4 1/2 inch rectangles after I sew it to an 18 inch background. Although it is August and I still need to look at a block to know which way to turn the little blocks haha



And with these 2 blocks, I am current with the hen and chicks to start orange. The drawer with all the blocks that are finished is a pretty sight and makes me smile. 

I will trim later


I had a quilt finish this week here
Have a happy weekend.

I am linking to:

3 comments:

  1. You are right, simple blocks are still easy to get wrong, those trickey things try to trip us up when we hurry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pinwheels are really cute. Congrats on being caught up with the Hen and Chicks blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Windmills are always cute, & it's nice to have a go-to block for donations. My donation quilts are all over the place so far, but it might be nice to have a standard that uses up scraps & doesn't take a bunch of brain power!

    ReplyDelete