Wednesday, August 14, 2024

unfinished diamond string quilt

In the same box with my lost cheddar jubilee was another ufo from 2016, diamond string. I'm sure it was abandoned long ago because I am recreating a picture and don't have a pattern. Every decision is a head scratcher. I made string blocks and cut them in half. I have some ideas for the borders that I want to try.

I am not officially adding this to the 5 quilts project yet, but I did pin it to the design board so that I will look at it and be inspired and not forget it. It is early to the list because there were just 2 quilts in the box and I could say I had emptied another box haha


ribbon border

I am linking:

wednesday wait loss



4 comments:

  1. Oooooh! Love that ribbon border you are adding to this. What a treasure to find this older project. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.
    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2024/08/14/wednesday-wait-loss-393

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's going to be a pretty quilt! I love string blocks and HSTs, combined they're making such a neat design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of scrappy fun in that quilt. At least you found it before you had to go look for it.

    ReplyDelete