Saturday, August 17, 2024

orange scraps

My focus this week for the rainbow scrap challenge. was  Jo's checkers . I sewed the white 2 1/2 inch square to each of my 2 1/2 x 4 1/2 inch rectangles for the 2 rows I wanted to make in orange. I have 3 more rows to make for this quilt this year.


I made 2 rows with 15 sets in each.


When I cleaned up around my sewing machine, I found 4 matching 4 1/2 inch squares in aqua. I thought I had made all the traffic jam blocks last month. nope Luckily, I had the very rare urge to clean more thoroughly. haha


I have reached a little health bump in the road and I am not sure what it will mean, yet.

I am linking to:

5 comments:

  1. Great progress with the orange blocks. Hope your health issue resolves pretty quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job on those ORANGE scraps, Maggie, and best of luck with that medical blip in the road! Please know that the RSC Quilters are wishing you well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those brick type strips are going to make a pretty rainbow quilt! Love the traffic jam blocks, too - I'm putting them on my list to make. Sending you good thoughts, Maggie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope your health bump is not serious and resolves quickly. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty start for Jo's Checkers. I made one a couple of years ago and enjoyed the pattern very much. Traffic jam is going on my list of what to do with my pile of 2 in. squares. Wishing you good health results, take care.

    ReplyDelete