Monday, August 19, 2024

kaliedescope blocks

I have all the blocks made that I need for my kaleidoscope quilt ufo project, and hooray, I can start to sew them together. I am doing an even number - 8 x 8 so I can start with twosies. There will be 3 points to match along each side. I have used a Marti Michell template to cut, which makes the sewing pretty accurate. Although anyone can have an off day. We will see. I do think I have used a more or less equal amount of all the fabrics. I am ready to start assembly.


This is an older ufo called kaliedescope from 2016 when I took a workshop with Mary Huey And is part of my 5 quilt project

I am linking:

6 comments:

  1. So pretty! This is a block I've never done, so I'm looking forward to seeing your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy the assembly process. You've done so well with your 5 project strategy this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are so many "sure fire" shortcut ways to make kaleidoscope blocks. I bought Marti M's templates at her retirement sale this summer. Haven't tried them yet . . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just adore the fabrics in this and can't wait to see it all sewn together. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.
    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2024/08/21/wednesday-wait-loss-394

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your kaleidoscope blocks are awesome Maggie! Have fun assembling them. I look forward to the finish! Thanks for sharing with us at Monday Musings!

    ReplyDelete