Saturday, December 16, 2023

sugar grove goal

I have decided that one of my 2024 rainbow scrap challenge projects, will be Bonnie Hunter's pattern, sugar grove. The rainbow scrap challenge has helped me with the boredom of bigger projects by keeping the work in manageable portions each month. I really like this quilt, but, don't think I would do it, without the monthly color prompts. The block requires sets of 5, 4, 3, and 2. I  have a drawer of leftover scrappy hsts that need a home, But, I am pretty sure I will need to cut for the larger sets, and still try to use the ones in the drawer as much as possible. I started this project earlier when the pattern first came out, but have done very little since.

I have gathered some sets concentrating on the sets of 5.

webbing each block will help them stay together until I can sew them.

 I am using foam boards to make sure they are in order


So, now, I can hardly wait for January's color to be announced to see if this will work for next year.

8 comments:

  1. I had to look up her Sugar Grove pattern because I couldn't remember what it looked like. You'll need a million HSTs in every color of the rainbow - perfect for the RSC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This will be a very fun one to work on for 2024.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's going to take a lot of HSTs! But it is a beautiful scrappy project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great way to use the rainbow scraps and make a wonderful quilt. Bonnie's quilts do have lots of pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I admire your courage to tackle that one! If anyone can get it done, you can! Go you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a good project to make with RSC, a long term project also. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also went to take a peek at Sugar Grove and I love it...yes a lot of triangles but as you say, manageably handled with the RSC colours each month. I will enjoy seeing these colourful blocks each month.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a lot of HSTs, but they sure look pretty together. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.
    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2023/12/20/wednesday-wait-loss-359

    ReplyDelete