Saturday, December 30, 2023

applique quilt project

One of my Rainbow scrap challenges for the new year - 2024 is this older UFO. My hubby purchased this kit for me as a Christmas present a few years ago. I loved the primitive look. I have not really done much applique in my quilting life, and, I thought I would enjoy the challenge. Sadly, there are easier quilts to make, so, I did. It is on the bucket list of Ufos. I do want to finish it. My plan is to work on it as part of the rsc projects. There are many colors in the quilt for the months of color and I am sure the rest can be close enough.


I have 3 blocks finished and 9 to go.





last time I worked on this quilt 2018 -more here


I am linking to:

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you've found a way to tackle another UFO. I think we have to get creative with those more challenging ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely work. I like the vintage feel of your work. I love embroidery but don't have the patience for it. Even sewing while watching TV isn't for me. However, I'm sure you will have a gorgeous finish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a sweet project! Have fun moving it along in the coming year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely project and you've already done so much! Way to start off the new year! I hope you had a lovely New Year! Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss. https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2024/01/03/wednesday-wait-loss-361

    ReplyDelete