Wednesday, July 4, 2018

July goal

Happy Independence day! I am proud to be an American, and grateful for those who have made great sacrifices for me and my family, past and future, to enjoy our wonderful freedoms. May God bless us.
I am especially happy to have fun with my Grandchildren today. There is never enough time with them.

It's time to take stock of my quilting for July, and set my goals for One monthly Goals. I have had some projects spanning more than a month, and need to take the next step. In June, I assembled all the sections for my snow days quilt. This month, I want to have a finished top. There are 5 sections. The left border is attached to the center, and then a bottom border is added, then the right border, and then the top border.


In May, I decided I just had to open the stella cyranna quilt, In June I spent time cutting all the pieces except the applique. For July I want to assemble the top and prepare the applique.


And I want to restart a project from the past called Across the wide missourri. It's an applique quilt, my husband bought for me for Christmas one year, and it was a huge surprise. I know He would like to know I was thrilled with the gift, by seeing me work on it. I can see my rug being finished soon and that would make evening stitching time available. I have 3 blocks done.





I am linking to:

WOW

midweek makers

Jo's Country Junction UFO
Bee Social
Silly Mama WIP

Oh Scrap
and One monthly goal



5 comments:

  1. It looks like you will have a busy July. Thanks for linking up with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful day with the grandkids today! I have very fond memories of family get-togethers on the Fourth of July - I'll take it over Christmas any day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This will be a lovely quilt top. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've got a lot planned! Nothing like a publicly stated goal to make you move forward. Keep on sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you had a wonderful day with the grands. You have some very fun projects to work on this month.

    ReplyDelete