Saturday, July 7, 2018

soul searching in red

A new month and a new color for the rainbow scrap challenge. Can you guess?



While I was waiting for the new color, I put a row together of soul searching. These blocks are big 20 x 24 inches, so three will make a good size row.
There is something magical about this pattern. The cutting sizes are easy to remember and go quickly. And then the block is in 4 parts. And when the 4 parts go together, it is so fun. Almost a surprise. While I am sewing this block, I keep imagining and wanting to make other quilts from it. And then, doing it one color a month is such a treat. Maybe, I will make one every year for the rainbow scrap challenge. Well now, I am sure getting ahead of myself.


I am linking to
 SewCan She

rsc18 super saturday


ufo busting

7 comments:

  1. One block at a time. They do look so pretty though, it is always fun to imagine future quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's SEW nice that you are pleased with the RSC block you chose for this year! I think you are brave to have sewn a row before all the blocks are done. Did you already have a color plan drawn out? That would (might!) remove my fear factor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this block pattern. It makes such beautiful quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty blocks, red is such a great color, I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty blocks. Rainbow scrap projects are one of my favorites. It's hard to limit myself to just one project a year!

    ReplyDelete