Thursday, July 12, 2018

goals for the quarter

I have some goals that I haven't really set a time limit, and I think that would make it easier to accomplish. I am joining the third quarter goals to become more accountable, and a quarter goal seems just right for these projects, since I am working them in around my monthly goals. She can quilt is hosting a finish along  that will help motivate me.

I finished the hooking on the victoria ann rug, and I really hate the whole finishing thing. I have 8 hooked pieces that I just don't finish for that reason.


1. My sewing machine is straight stitch only, so I need to dig out a zigzag machine and zigzag the edges an inch from the hooking and trim.
2. roll the edge around a cord and baste into place.
3. decide on a yarn -or dye it if I can't find it.
4. hand sew the yarn around the edges
5. clean and press
6. stand back and admire

I am trying to finish all the quiltville mystery quilts as part of a challenge at Jo's country junction. I am working on Roll roll cotton boll. I have all the rows pieced.


1. press
2. begin assembling rows with an on point setting. Press
3. measure and cut, sew inner border
4. measure and cut, sew outer border
5. prepare for quilting
maybe quilt and bind

I have last year's rainbow scrap challenge quilt that no longer falls into the goals for this year's challenge, but I still want to finish it before it falls off the radar and into the black hole.

1. piece the HST border, press
2. measure and cut the inner border
3. measure and cut the HST border
4. decide about any other border
5. prepare for quilting
maybe quilt and bind.

And Jo's country junction is hosting a double wedding ring QAL that I really want to join, but, can I?


I am linking (links in the sidebar) to:



she can quilt


2 comments:

  1. You've got a great list for the quarter. I love your RSC quilt. It should definitely get finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the rainbow scrap challenge quilt. someday I want to do a rainbow something.

    ReplyDelete