Wednesday, July 18, 2018

wedding ring challenge

I am having trouble finding green beans to purchase from farmer's markets. But I did can the few I have found. The bunnies and other creatures eat mine as soon as they start to grow. My favorite sweet corn farmer has started selling, and I have a few put in the freezer. It's officially summer.


I am very excited to join a quilt a long with Jo of Jo's Country Junction. She is sewing her double wedding ring quilt in the june 2018 magazine.



Last week, we were to decide on the size, template, and fabrics. I spent the week scouring the internet for the best template ideas. And I couldn't decide. I have a template in my closet that I have had for awhile, that I could use, but it is bigger than Jo's, and I wondered if I would be disappointed if I did it bigger. The day she showed us the magazine her quilt was featured in, I went out and bought it. I can't find it. But, I am dragging two of my friends down this road with me, and they both have the magazine.


I waffled about the fabric to use. I really like Jo's but I also like the traditional colors. I have about 7-8 yards of this blue. So, now, the final decision. The template I already have and the fabric I already have. done. This will be fun, surely this is a quilt on every body's bucket list. It is on mine.

I have the top ready for borders from the mystery quilt at My Carolina Home. Taking the picture has helped me see the white checkerboard secondary pattern. I am not sure what I will do about borders.

I am linking to:

WOW

midweek makers

Jo's Country Junction UFO
Bee Social
Silly Mama WIP

Oh Scrap

5 comments:

  1. So happy that you are joining us. Be ready for LOTS of pinning!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your Carolina Home quilt! A real beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck on your decisions. That is hard for me too. I always want to use up stash but then it might be more fantastic to start from scratch and choose something new. Oh and it is on my bucket list too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to take a look at that magazine. I have a set of antique arcs that I would like to make into a quilt but I have no idea how to proceed. I was planning on appliquéing them onto some fabric. But how do I make a template so I can iron under the edges. Decisions, decisions. Your mystery quilt looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Square Dance turned out beautifully! Enjoy your new project, since I'm working on UFOs, I'll enjoy your foray into a new project with lots of pretty fabrics.

    ReplyDelete