Wednesday, July 11, 2018

A new challenge

I've been a Bonnie of Quiltville  fan for many years, and have participated in the leader/ender challenge every year. She has announced a new challenge for the coming year. I have no real opinion of the block itself. It looks doable. But, more importantly, I had most of the units already in my scrap user's system.


I had 300 of the 2 inch 4 patches in a drawer. I need 280.


I had almost 60 pairs of 3 1/2 inch HSTs in a drawer. I need 140. So, I can start putting blocks together and cut a few more triangles and I am all set. And I use up little bits I have been saving for just this opportunity.


While I was cutting 3 1/2 inch strips, I remembered I wanted to cut blue strips for Pinwheel fancy.


Also A bonnie pattern from her book Addicted to scraps. It occurred to me that I might also have the 2 inch HST for this quilt. I had all but 30. I saved these as bonus triangles from another quilt. I still have a lot of cutting to do, but this moves me along.



If I hadn't been cleaning up the studio, I wouldn't have remembered I had the pieces to use them. Win -  win.
I am linking to:

WOW

midweek makers

Jo's Country Junction UFO
Bee Social
Silly Mama WIP

Oh Scrap

5 comments:

  1. LOL glad some one Seles finds things they had forgotten about when cleaning up. Love your pinwheel quilt, it’s so stunning. Cheers Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're well on your way to having both of these projects pieced. The Scrap User's System must be working really well for you. I'm not much of a scrap quilter, so I haven't fully embraced the system yet....

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so easy to stick these away and forget about them! But it's always fun when we rediscover them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a big win win!! To have all of the parts ready to go, you'll have a quilt in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How nice to have such a head start on two projects. Those bits really do add up.

    ReplyDelete