Sunday, December 3, 2023

stash report December 3, 2023

December already, how? I bought this for the background of a quilt, without looking at the requirements first. It isn't enough for the project, but, I think it will still be useful. just like everything else. haha

stash report December 3, 2023

fabric added this week:  3 yards 

fabric added year to date for 2023: 157 1/4 yards 


fabric used:  yards- 0

fabric used year to date for 2023: 531 yards 

344.75  yards used more than bought in 2023  - I wonder what a picture of 344 yards piled together would look like.

I sewed 3 days last week. I have an open sew next week I am looking forward to attending.

I have packed up my rug and my hexie quilt, and, put them into storage until after my daughter's visit for Thanks giving. I am trying to do a big clean up of the living room.

 I made some progress last week on my sock. I made it to the heel. And, the, promptly messed it up. I spent last week trying to get back a few rows with out losing everything. I am close. fingers crossed.



I am linking to:

8 comments:

  1. I bought some fabric on line last month for a project and when it arrived I knew it wasn't going to be the right shade that I was looking for - but like you I know it will work for something

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to take a minute to see if I could imagine what 344 yards would look like. If I've done the calculations right, if you divide the 344 yard into 7.5 yard cuts, wrap those aound an 8.5" ruler, each wrapped 7.5 yard cut is about an 1" high. A stack of those 344 yards of thos cuts would be almot 4 feet tall. (I used the 8.5" ruler because that's how I fold up my fabric after washing and pressing, so I had a 7.5 cut I could acutally measure).

    ReplyDelete
  3. This new fabric is beautiful, is it a Grunge one? I'm sure you will find a way to use it, even if it's not for the planned project ;)
    Your sock is growing well, despite the undo, I guess the heel is a tricky part.
    Thank you for sharing, and linking up today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much progress you have made this year! Love the sock

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's always nice to have some yardage in the stash, whatever it will be used for! I have that problem with knitting - if I make a mistake I don't quite know how to get back to a spot where I can start again. Good luck with your sock project!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the sock. I hope you figure out the mistake.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fingers crossed you can back out to that heel. Love, love the yarn you are using here. What a pretty set of socks this will be. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.
    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2023/12/6/wednesday-wait-loss-357

    ReplyDelete
  8. Incredible usage this year! I think that much fabric would look like my entire stash.

    ReplyDelete