Sunday, December 10, 2023

stash report December 10, 2023

I couldn't resist a 'mystery' layer cake from Missiourri star over the Thanksgiving sales. I can't say I am thrilled, but, it has a little charm.



stash report December 10, 2023

fabric added this week:  3 yards 

fabric added year to date for 2023: 160 1/4 yards 

fabric used:  15 yards- full stop finish 

65 x 74 = 15 yards

fabric used year to date for 2023: 546 yards 

356.75  yards used more than bought in 2023

I sewed 2 days last week. 

They say starting is half the battle. With this little 'new to me' crosstitch is was a royal battle. I have had what I needed for almost 3 months, but, I did not want to start. While my daughter was home for Thanksgiving, she was very encouraging and helpful. And, I finally had my start. I cross-stitched a bunch for a while in the 80s and had a lot of fun, then. But, I had better eyes and coordination. 

I rested a whole day after this little triumph- haha


The next day was more productive

I think I am ready to tackle this whole project. And I will be more relaxed and grateful.

I am linking to:

9 comments:

  1. I find i sometimes need to enlarge the paper pattern for my cross stitch projects now. As long as I have good light and use 14 coins Aida cloth, I can manage. Can’t wait to see more of your project. Nice RSC quilt! Gail at the Cozy Quilter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enlarging the pattern is a fabulous idea! Why didn't I ever think of that!

      Delete
  2. I find that I need to use strong OTC readers to cross stitch now. I take off my every day glasses and use the readers to stitch. I like your cross stitch start. Full Stop is a fun quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've not done counted cross stitch for years, one of these days I'll get it out again. Looks like you've gotten a good start on your new project. Happy slow stitching today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute gnome bundle ;) Your RSC quilt is lovely, adding the words was a fun and great idea!
    Well done with your cross-stitching, I would not be able to stitch without doing some marking first!
    Thank you for sharing ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep going on that cross-stitch! I was worried that my vision wouldn't be good enough anymore for cross-stitch either, but if I wear an extra pair of readers over my regular glasses, I can do it! Sounds a little weird, but they're like a magnifying glass for me. Hope you begin to enjoy it, Maggie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute layer cake. The gnomes are darling. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Turns out all you needed was a little encouragement! Looks like a you're off to a good start on your new cross stitch. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.
    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2023/12/13/wednesday-wait-loss-358

    ReplyDelete
  8. The gnomes are cute. Once you cut it up it will probably read pink. I enjoy cross stitch, but it isn't for everyone. Good luck with yours!

    ReplyDelete