Wednesday, December 27, 2023

cutting a new quilt

During the in between time of holidays, I grabbed an older ufo that does not fit in to any category, yet. I had some fabric pulled long ago with making this quilt in mind. My plan is to cut, and organize it, and, then, let it go back to ufo status for awhile. I thought I would enjoy the cutting process with no pressure to finish it. The plan was hatched, when, my large green scrap drawer would not, could not close. 



I dumped the whole drawer into a very large bag, and, took it with me to sewing group. I cut, and cut.
After, I would cut for the quilt, I would cut the leftovers into useable strip sizes. My strip bins are also full, but, the scraps take up much less room once they are cut. I don't usually cut in a social setting. But, it was very pleasant, and, I didn't make any more mistakes than I would have at home. The bag was heavy, but, I didn't have the weight of a sewing machine, so, it balances out the weight problem. I still need to cut the background, before, I can put it away. I did not take the background with me to cut, since, I thought I would not get that far. I cut up everything in the bag. I saved maybe 2 larger pieces to return as seeds for the drawer to grow again.


for the quilt

There are some good old oldies in this batch of cutting.

6 comments:

  1. The rolling stones pattern is going to be great for your quilt. You have a large variety of greens to be used, happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How clever to cut up your scraps for this so you are ready to sew when you want. Should be a very pretty quilt. Have a lovely Christmas! Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss. https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2023/12/27/wednesday-wait-loss-360

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a very fun project. It's nice to find a use for those scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's going to be a nice one. With the holidays I've not been able to meet with my little sewing group.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saved that pattern . . . I don't think I've ever made the block! A new project begins to call....Love all your greens.

    ReplyDelete